Thursday 8 November 2018

'Amazing' Athletics

Yesterday (6.11.18) it was athletics day. It went all day and yet we had to finish the rotation this morning. We got to wear our house colours and could bring $3 for an ice-cream or ice-block- this was a fundraiser for the children of Samoa. 
Yesterday for sprints I came last on my first race and tied with a friend on the 200m sprint. I'm not sad or mad that I didn't get a placing because I tried and I'm proud of what I achieved. Later on at long jump, I did a bit better. I was confident and went further than I anticipated. Today we did ball throw and high jump. High jump was a choice so I decided not to. I watched the Y6 girls and Y3 boys do their thing on high jump, while the others like me played twisted, concentration and other games. Moving on to ball throw I waited in line for a while, when it was my turn I think on one of my throws I threw 11.3m. That's all I heard though. When we were done, it was already morning tea.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Perle
    It was nice to hear about your athletics experience. I also liked how you stayed so positive even though you didn't get a placing. I too came last but hey look on the bright side we don't have to go to inter-schools. Your post was very well written and easy to read. Keep up the good work and positive attitude.
    From May

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.