Monday 9 September 2019

Book Club!

Usually in sharp reading, we unpack sentences and read a story in group together. This worked very well in our class but our teachers took it up a notch and started book club! We've been doing this for a while. They started with one group but since that was pretty successful they did it with three other groups. Basically, they choose a book and we get one each to read at school. There is about six people in each group, and everyone gets the same book. For example we start reading from page 88 on Thursday and have to be on page 139 by Tuesday. It's a good way to ensure we do reading mileage. My group is reading The Giver by Lois Lowry, it is a interesting book. This is what it looks like if you are interested in reading it:

6 comments:

  1. Ki Ora Perle, My name is Uinisieti and I am currently attending Saint Patrick's School. I really like the way you gave information about what you are doing and also a description about the book. I have also read this book and found it interesting and fun to read. If you would like to see my learning my blog is, https://spsuinisietif.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uinisieti,
      Thank you for commenting on my blog post! I really appreciate how you actually read the description at the top and made a really thoughtful comment. I will make sure I check out your blog.
      Thanks,
      From Perle

      Delete
  2. Hello Perle, I am Alizzandro from St. Patrick's School. I really like the idea of a book club and would like to try it in my school too! I'm really interested in the book club's system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alizzandro,
      Thanks for checking out my blog! My teachers will be happy to know that you are interested in their programme.
      Thanks again,
      From Perle

      Delete
  3. Hi, My name is Fulila and I attend St Patrick's School. I think making a book club is a great idea.
    Do you recommend any other books to Read?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fulila,
      Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog! Have you read Best Mate by Micheal Morpurgo or The House on Hummingbird Island by Sam Angus? They're both really good books that I recommend.
      Thanks,
      From Perle

      Delete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.